Human Resources Assistant
A Human Resources (HR) Assistant is a certified professional who handles the daily administrative and HR duties of an organization. They assist HR managers with recruitment, record maintenance and payroll processing, and provide clerical support to all employees.
Human Resources Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Supports human resources processes by administering tests, scheduling appointments, conducting orientation, maintaining records and information.
- Substantiates applicants’ skills by administering and scoring tests.
- Schedules examinations by coordinating appointments.
- Welcomes new employees to the organization by conducting orientation.
- Submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data.
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information.
- Organizes onboarding and offloading new staff to management.
- Answers the telephone, relays messages, and maintains equipment and supplies.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
Human Resources Assistant Qualifications / Skills:
- Reporting skills
- Maintaining employee files
- Orienting employees
- Verbal communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least one year of general human resources experience, including basic labor law and benefits.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as G-Suite workplace applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to work with all levels of employees, medical providers, insurance adjusters and attorneys.
- Project management organizational skills required.
- Ability to conduct training for employees.
I Want to Apply